Wednesday, August 05, 2009

July 18, 2009


Mom passed away very peacefully on July 18, 2009 on Saturday at 8:45 p.m. in Burlington, Washington. We had a wonderful memorial service for her at Leonard Street Church of Christ in Pensacola Florida. Mom attended this congregation for at least 20 years of her life.


The "family" at Leonard Street provided so much support....and more food then anyone could eat!

Mom was buried beside dad, just as she had always wanted and planned, at the Bayview Cemetery in Pensacola, Florida.

While many attended the Memorial service at the church, only family members were at the graveside prior to her burial.

Yesterday John and I stopped by the cemetery as we knew that we would be flying back home. The flowers were still pretty....but beginning to wilt. It's such a joy to know that my mother's soul is safely in "Abraham's bosom", and that she is at peace with her personal God. She was a Christian woman, she loved God and understood His need to send His son Jesus into this world to suffer such a cruel death. And though she was close to being the most perfect human being I've ever known....she still saw her need for a savior. And she was obedient, was baptized, was cleansed by the sacred blood of Christ....and though her life ended on July 18th....it really has only just begun!

I loved her more than I have ever loved anyone here on this earth...and I will miss her so much. But I also believe that one day....I will see her again!

I love you Mom.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash