Thursday, November 09, 2006

Just Stuff

I just realized that I started this blog a year ago already. It was right around Veterans Day, and before the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm not sure just how things will go this year for Thanksgiving. I know Daniel and Tiffany and Abby will be down, but looks like I'll have to work. The schedule I'm on now has me working 12 hour shifts, and I work every Thursday to boot. So...guess they may be eating turkey at Cracker Barrel this year, and maybe even without me! Guess it's too early to worry about all that right now.

It hasn't been the best of weeks for me :( John is out of town this week at a Preachers Retreat in Columbia, Tennessee. I've been working, but have had a migraine headache for the last couple of days. Pretty frustrating, I can tell you! I've had these things for the last 30 years. I thought they were supposed to eventually just go away, but that hasn't been my experience. I still get em.

Jared and his girlfriend have broken up since Halloween. They'd been going together for about 9 or 10 months. I think Jared is handling things pretty well under the circumstances. He's handling it all right, though he often says how much he misses her . It's fascinating to me that he would consider taking her back, even though she already has another boyfriend. I like her, she's a nice girl, but they are both so young. I just know that if it was me, I'd not even consider taking someone back who didn't want to be with me and left me to be with someone else. Maybe I'm just too hard on people...I don't know???

John is starting to get a little more aggressive about looking for a new job. Once Jared graduates from high school at the end of May, he'll be moving to Tennessee and going off to college. We plan to move next June or so ourselves. He found a church that's looking for a preacher in Burlington, Washington. That's just outside of Mount Vernon, Washington and not that far from Bellingham and Vancouver Canada. I would absolutely love to move up there. I'd be pretty close to Angie and her family, and even closer to David. I'm keeping the prayers and supplications going and I'm learning a pretty good lesson in patience. Of course the most important thing is if that's the door God wants to open for us. Is that where HE wants us to go??? I hope. I hope. And pray.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash