Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving

We had a great thanksgiving this year. A group of about 30 of us got together at the church building for a pot-luck dinner. Several families came that didn't have any extended family in town, or that just wanted to get together for the fellowship. Everybody brought lots of food. We had so much more than we could possibly eat!

After dinner, we watched a cute movie; Madagasgar, and then played some games. We played Guesstures, which was very interesting! Kind of like Sherades. If you want to really get to know the people you attend church with, get together for the small groups: the care groups, over-40 brunch, or any other small group activities your church offers. It's a great way to get to really know somebody. It's kind of hard on Sunday and Wednesday because there is just too much going on.

My mom is 81 years old. It's kind of strange how our roles have reversed. I think it really hit me the other day when I was making a chocolate cake. My mom was over. After mixing up the cake, I gave the mixer to my mom to lick clean! I remember she used to do that for me when she was making a birthday cake for us. I'm taking her to the doctor now, or to the optomotrist, or to the dentist. I just hope I can be as patient and loving as she was to me when I needed her for all these things!

We truly do have so much to be thankful for.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash