Monday, August 06, 2007

Ice Cream Social/ Bike Ride

We invited anyone who wanted to come over after church last night to have ice cream and play some games. We figured we had about 40 or so in our house. I don't think too many games were played , but everyone seemed to have a great time talking and visiting with each other.

Today 6 of us from church: Ken, Tammi, Elizabeth, Sherri, Jared and I went on a bike ride on The Cascade Trail. It used to be a railroad that was converted into a bike trail (a rail-trail). It runs parallel with Highway 20 and connects Sedro Woolley and Concrete. The entire length is about 22 miles. We girls rode 10 miles, but Ken and Jared rode the entire 22 miles!

I suppose it would have been nice to have ridden the entire way, but we were happy with what we did! After all, it was the first bike ride any of us had been on in a very long time. The weather participated nicely - not too hot- just the way I like it. I just can't take that heat!

I think we were able to work off some of that ice cream from the night before!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash