Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Finished Reading Icy Sparks

Well...I finished reading the book "Icy Sparks" late last night. My overall opinion of the book is that it was okay. It was written well; the writer did a good job of developing the characters. It gave a good insight as to how in our society, if you are different, then you are considered an outsider and you don't belong. That can make for a very lonely life.

While I felt sorry for Icy because of her disability (Tourette's Syndrome), I don't think I really liked her. (I hope I don't come across as sounding insensitive!) It just seemed at times (not always)she used her disability as an excuse to talk and act really ugly towards other people. Who knows...maybe she would have had more friends if she hadn't been so mean herself??? I think too many people attempt to blame their circumstances in life and use that as an excuse to do things they know are wrong.

In the end, Icy was able to overcome alot of the obstacles that life threw at her, so it was a success story. On a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best), I'd give the book a 5.

I am starting another book; one by Anita Shreve called "The Weight Of Water". I've never read any of her books, so I'm looking forward to reading this one.

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash