Monday, August 06, 2007

The Weight Of Water

I just finished reading the book "The Weight of Water" by Anita Shreve. While Ms. Shreve is a good writer, I found it hard to follow the storyline. She kept switching back and forth from the present to a murder that occurred over 100 years before.

The main character is a photographer. She and her husband and little girl are on a sailboat with her husband's brother and his girlfriend. She begins to think that her husband and the girlfriend are having an affair, though there's no real proof of that happening.

The ending is sad, and I struggled to stick with reading the book to its completion. I would rate the book a 4. I didn't know this, but have since learned that there was a movie made of this book. I don't think I'll be watching it.

I'm not sure which book I'll choose to read next, but I hope my grading scale will start heading in the other direction!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash