Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lawsuit

Well, something happened to me today that has never happened to me before. I was served with papers and now have a lawsuit filed against me! It's because of a little fender-bender that Jared got into last July. He was driving his girlfriend's car and ran a stop sign. Another car hit them. Jared was stopped in the intersection when the car hit them.

Apparently one of the guys in the car (I'm still uncertain whether it was the driver or a passenger) claims to have hurt his knee. He suffered from a torn meniscus and had to wear an immobilizing boot. He has since had knee surgery. Jared's girlfriend's insurance has settled for $25,000. but they are now coming after us for another $100,000.

They named me in the lawsuit because I was the person who signed the Florida driver's license application for Jared to get a license. Since Jared was a minor when the accident happened, they are stating that I am liable for the damages occurred during the incident.

Our insurance company made an offer to them, but apparently that wasn't enough for them. So...next step is to just let them know about this and they'll take care of it from here!

No comments:

 
Designed by Lena Graphics by Elie Lash